Monday, December 01, 2008

Disney accused of corrupting children's minds

I tend to agree with this, but I know of no way for Disney to do any better? Does "Veggietales" (a very good animated Christian cartoon) not also have 100's of toys and games and dolls and new DVD's for sale? Don't they make money off being popular with the kids.

Disney is pretty low on my preferred activities for my daughter. Too many of the the stories feature magic or spells or super-beings with no ties to Christianity, and in some cases, opposed to a Christian world view.

I prefer TV on Nogin or Nick Jr. But it's only marginally better.

But at least it's commercial free (at times). It's the commercials more than any of the shows or Movies that get kids to crave items. Limit the commercials and you're 80% better off to begin with.

Disney accused by Catholic cleric of corrupting children's minds - Telegraph

1 comments:

Anthony said...

I agree. So many of the child-oriented media are extremely commercialized, even the Christian ones. I'm by no means against free enterprise, but when they fill our kids' minds with the need to have all of their latest toys, I begin to question their educational motives.