Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Florida court strikes down ban on gay adoptions

Well,

I see another constitutional amendment coming. But this will be much harder to pass or even get on the ballot. But then again, I though the gay-marriage amendment would fail. So I'm not a good person to ask about this sort of thing.

Ironically, I care more about banning gay-adoption than I do gay-marriage. So this ruling strikes at one of the main reason I supported the gay-marriage ban. Ideally, Adoption would only be allowed by married couples, then there would be no need for a gay-adoption ban. But this would prevent singles from adopting too, and although I'm OK with that, most people aren't

I fully support giving a lot of the rights associated with marriage to gay couples. However, adoption is one that I am adamantly against! (Exclamation point). There is just no reason to place a child into a family structure that could in no way (under any circumstances natural or using any medical technology short of cloning) have produced a child of their own. And by their own, I mean the couple together, with the child being equally biologically related to both of them.

I think gay-couples should admit that they are not in the family making business and shouldn't be in the family raising business either.

Florida court challenges state's ban on gay adoptions -- OrlandoSentinel.com

0 comments: