Tuesday, March 17, 2009

An American's Creed - Dean Alfange

It is my right to be uncommon ... if I can;
I seek opportunity ... not security.
I do not wish to be a kept citizen, humbled and dulled by having the state look after me.
I want to take the calculated risk; to dream and to build, to fail and to succeed.

I refuse to barter incentive for a dole. I prefer the challenges of life to the guaranteed existence; the thrill of fulfillment to the stole calm of utopia.

I will not trade freedom for beneficence nor my dignity for a handout.
I will never cower before any master nor bend to any threat.

It is my heritage to stand erect, proud, and unafraid; to think and act for myself; enjoy the benefits of my creations and to face the world boldly and say, ‘This I have done, and this is what it means to be an American


This is from Dean Alfange, the FOUNDER of the LIBERAL party of New York...
I guess liberal meant something different in 1942

0 comments: