Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Barack Obama: You need to make sure Your Child Can Speak Spanish

Foreigners come to OUR county but WE are the ones that have to change and learn THEIR language.
That's not "Change I can be believe in"

Why is being "bi-lingual" somehow better? Why "must" we do it? If I want to stay in the US and I don't want to move to Mexico, why "must" I learn Spanish? It's a silly statement.

Why is he comparing immigrants (people permanently moving to the US to live and work here) with US tourist (people just visiting) in Europe. It's not a fair comparison and he's smart enough to know that. He just can't pass up an opportunity to "blame Americans". We want to "require" English just because we are too lazy to learn a 2nd language like the rest of the world. Nevermind the simple fact that we have no NEED to learn a 2nd language, we still "must" do it because we have to be the ones in the wrong somehow.

It makes me sick. We are told we must show respect to the culture and language of the people that come here with on respect for our language and culture. It's bass-ackwards if you ask me.


YouTube - Barack Obama: Your Children Should Learn To Speak Spanish

0 comments: