Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Apparently, one third of us have been copying DVDs

WOW, one third!

I didn't realize it was so high since there is no legal software for doing it. But a lot of th is has to be legitimate DVD copies of legally owned DVDs. I mean do the studios realize what the expected life time of a DVD is in the hands of a 6 year old? Or when left in a hot car for use on the road.

Not using (and not allowing us to make) homemade backup copies of movies in this case is just silly.

Also, my biggest pet peeve is that my bedroom TV is an old VCR/TV comb. I have a DVD connected but the silly Macrovission analog copy protection makes the color and brightness look awful. (as If I would want a VHS copy of a DVD anyways!!!) So I have to make backup copes just to disable that.

So I hope they don't consider this 1/3 number to just be people that copy DVD's they don't really own. Some of us still buy them and just use copies in certain situations to keep them safe.


Apparently, one third of us have been copying DVDs! | Crave, the gadget blog - CNET

0 comments: