Friday, April 04, 2008

Board rejects Daily Bread expansion plan

Board rejects Daily Bread expansion plan | floridatoday.com | FLORIDA TODAY

I don't know enough about this to make an opinion. Certainly what "Daily Bread" is doing is admirable and unfortunately, necessary. And it has to be done SOMEWHERE...

But the "not in my back yard" mentality is hard to break.

But the soup kitchen is ALREADY there. They just want to build a better facility. I guess the problem is the new facility is BIGGER and could possibly attract more people. I don't know if I buy that. Is the current building SO BAD that hungry people are staying away and going hungry? Is the new facility SO NICE that people will move to the area just to go there?

Sill, would I want this near my house? Would I go out at night near a place like this (if it were in a business/entertainment district)?

I simply don't know enough about it all.

0 comments: