Wednesday, January 30, 2008

John McCain is Letting me Down

John's McCain continued assertion that Mitt Romney once said he support secret "time tables" for withdrawal of troops from Iraq is making me sick. He's better than this and he needs to find a way out of it.

He's also not answering questions about the Economy.

He's losing it.. "Romey ran business and Sometimes people loose their Jobs" (paraphrased)

If Huckabee was electable, I might actually support him! He just mentioned the 10th Amendment and I bet people don't even know what that is.

CNN is doing a horrible job. Several of their questions were purposely set up to make the candidates defend or tear down Bush or Reagan, but never Clinton or Carter. When you ask a question like that, all you're going to get is a sound and dance. It's not good debate moderating.

<<<---Updates--->>>
This was posted in the comments, but I thought it was good enough to bring up here. The Problem with McCain. Tai-Pan does a lot better job of going into details.

McCain also has not address why he Voted against the Bush Tax Cuts but want to make them permanent. Talk about a flip-flop. He apparently said they "helped the rich" too much then, but now that's either a good thing, or it was never true.

Despite all this, I still can't bring myself to support Romney. I think we need someone like John McCain if we are going to win the election and get anything done afterwards.

4 comments:

drken said...

Unfortunately, McCain is really beginning to come across like a cranky old coot - sorta like the reputation Ron Paul was beginning to get on a lot of blogs.

The reason why CNN (the Clinton/communist News Network) is screwing things up is because CNN sucks.

DRN said...

I agree completely. His disdain for the process is obvious. He doesn't think he should have to go through this. - Al Gore mentality?
I just wrote about this myself today. check it out...

http://www.blandlife.com/archives/299/the-problem-with-mccain/

Michael said...

More info McCain changes story on tax cut stance

The sad part is I actually LIKE his real reason as much as his NEW reasons. Not every tax cut is a good tax cut, and Bush's were not all that good. They DO seem to favor the wealthy. McCain can't say that now that he's towing the "make the Bush tax cuts permanent" party line.

Also I never did like cutting taxes in time of war. It makes the war seem meaningless and distant. We should be selling war bonds, and not cutting taxes. So far, this has been a "free" war and I don't know how or when we really are going to pay for it. It doesn't make sense to me to fight a war without ANY belt-tightening at home. It never made sense to me that we could fight a war AND cut taxes. If anything justifies increased taxes, it's a war.

drken said...

Tax cuts can often (but not always) lead to an increase in government revenues. I'd much rather see the government cut a shitload of pork and wasteful spending. A bit more fiscal responsibility could pay for the war, reduce the deficit AND reduce our tax burden. We could easily fund the current war without raising taxes.