Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Vista Death Watch

The Vista Death Watch - Columns by PC Magazine


I love this... this is so true. Especially the part about all the "versions". I mean Vista Ultimate is really the true Vista, everything else is just crippled. Why? Unlike a car manufacturer which sells a car with two different engines or fancy wheels, there is no real cost different between the different versions of Vista. A smaller engine costs less to make, so the car cost less to the customer. The cheaper versions of Vista cost the same to make, but Microsoft punishes you for not buying the over priced "ultimate". Why? because they can!!

I know I'll never get Vista until something I can't live without just will not run on XP.

Another few things Microsoft can do to increase sells of Vista is.

1 - Free it someone, allow once license to cover a few home PC's.
2 - Free it some more, allow Vista purchased on a new PC to be transfered to a repaired, rebuilt PC
3 - Free the content. Abandon the DRM features of the OS and the "protected video path" (whatever they call it)

I might actually willing upgrade if they did some of these things. (My previous statement is still valid because I know they will never do any of these things...)

0 comments: