Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Electric Vehicles Compared

I hope I can hold out to 2010 for the Chev Volt.... and I hope I can afford it.... I would love to have one.. 40 miles will get me to work and back everyday. Plus I suspect that my employer (NASA) will install recharge stations at work to encourage this sort of thing. They already have small electric cars for people to drive around the center with.

I'm sure the first version will be buggy and all, but I'm also hoping for some tax incentives to help out with the higher "total cost of ownership" of these first generation EV/Generator cars.

Six Major Pre-Production Electric Vehicles Compared - DIY Electric Car Blogs

2 comments:

Barry said...

Here in Canada we manufacture one small low speed electric car, the ZENN (Zero Emissions No Noise). However it is only allowed on the road in the United States.

Sigh.

Dave said...

Way cool. I'm glad to see these cars coming out. I love my Prius but I expect I will be looking for a replacement in about 2012, so maybe the bugs will be out of some of these and the prices will be somewhat sane.

Really hope it catches on. I'm sick of the Saudis, and Chavez having us by the 8@!!$.