Monday, September 03, 2007

Public 'wary of green tax motives'

This is in Britain but I think the same would be true in the US. Except here we don't so much raise taxes for this as much as we put new costly regulations on industry. It has a similar effect though.

I need to find some US polls.

But for me the buggiest reason I oppose the efforts of the "global warming club" is that I get suspicious when they use future doomsday problems to try and justify some new law restricting something. I realize there needs to be balance and in deed some laws restricting certain industries are very important. But when they say something like "New York will be underwater if we don't raise the average gas mileage of US cars" I can't take them seriously...


Public 'wary of green tax motives' | the Daily Mail

0 comments: