Thursday, November 30, 2006

Voting Machine Fails Test - Video to be reviewed

I've been against paperless vote from day one.
I think it is ironic that the changes the democrats demanded after the 2000 election may not be hurting them.

The problem is there is not way to recount anything and nothing to do except possibly have a "do over" election which has its own problems and issues. I think the machines should be replaced with ones that have a good paper trail and be ready for the next election.

Under video review: Re-enacted voting - Orlando Sentinel : Elections Under video review: Re-enacted voting - Orlando Sentinel : Elections

More info here..
Sarasota Voters File Lawsuit for Re-vote
I don't know why I'm so against a "Re-vote"... mainly because I think voting is so important that it most be done right the first and only time. If we say we can do "re-votes" (even for what I think is a legitamate reasons) then it will open the door to re-vote anythime something minor goes wrong. Elections should be FINAL very soon after being completed. The congressional term is two years and that is small enough as it is, by the time a court can rule a re-vote is needed and it is setup, and completed the term would be over.

I think we should Punt and make sure it doesn't happen again.

(the only pro-re-vote argument I can think of is its the only way to make sure mistakes like this never happen again. Kind of like throwing out a conviction based on inappropriate police action. The guy is probably still guilty, but the police have to be made to understand the bad guys will get away with it if they are careless...)

0 comments: