Tuesday, November 08, 2005

California Church Vows to Fight IRS Investigation of Sermon

California Church Vows to Fight IRS Investigation of Sermon -- Beliefnet.com

I heard this on NPR this afternoon, and I think it would be presented in a different light if the Church Supported Bush. The Left just can't handling religous support for Bush, and watches conservative organizations for this sort of thing like a hawk. But since the church in this case was anti-bush, it was painted as the "victim", and the left suddenly remembers they are for free speech and free religion

Regardless of that, I do think the IRS is going to far here. Maybe the NPR story left something out, or glossed over the "real" reason for this, and I would agree with the IRS if I knew it. But with what I know now, the church should be left alone.

0 comments: