Thursday, October 06, 2005

Al Gore's Speech at Media Conference

American democracy is in grave danger
Due to Money effecting News reporting...

BREITBART.COM - Just The News:
"I came here today because I believe that American democracy is in grave danger. It is no longer possible to ignore the strangeness of our public discourse . I know that I am not the only one who feels that something has gone basically and badly wrong in the way America's fabled 'marketplace of ideas' now functions."

I haven't finished reading this yet.. so I don't know how he plans to "fix" this.. but so far it actually pretty good...

Finished reading now...He couldn't resist taking specific (and unfounded) pot shots at President bush and even Rush Limbaugh. And some of his examples from history don't mesh with my rather limited historical knowledge or common sense.

The first part is still good. But the ending is just an ad for his new TV network, the internet (which I think he created), and more Bush-Bashing...



George Clooney chimes in... with some good points. Because he "was determined not to create a piece of anti-Bush propaganda." (Which he did, at least in the interview)
http://www.thisislondon.com/til/jsp/modules/Article/print.jsp?itemId=20563131

1 comments:

Michael said...

Its strange.. I stopped about half way through reading this to post it here because I thought it was so good.

But right after I posted it and continued reading, it fell apart.

He couldn't resist taking specific (and unfounded) pot shots at President bush and Rush Limbaugh. And some of his examples from history don't mesh with my rather limited historical knowledge or common sense.

The first part is still good. But the ending is just an add for his new TV network and the internet (which I think he created).